Cleaning the house doesn’t have to be the kind of task that encourages procrastination and makes you wish you had a maid. In fact, it’s not something to be feared, especially if you have a well-designed cleaning schedule or plan and if you know a few tricks which can make the process easier and faster.
- For example, make things easier for you by selecting the right type of broom for the right type of surface. Indoors, use a broom with fine bristles that can pick up tiny dirt particles and for the outdoor areas, use a broom with stronger and stiffer bristles.
- Make a lost and found box where you put out of place items such as loose buttons, single socks, etc. this way, when you need such an item, you’ll know where to find it. Use the box to deposit any items your guests might accidentally forget to take when they leave.
- Clean your iron with salt. Just pour salt on your ironing board and let it scrub your iron until it becomes nice and shiny. There’s no need to use harsh chemicals for this.
- Fix any scratches on your wood furniture with vinegar a nd olive oil. Make a mixture out of ½ cup vinegar and ½ cup olive oil and use a rag to rub it on the wooden surface.
- Clean your microfiber couch or sofa using the following items: a white sponge, a white bristle brush and rubbing alcohol. Put rubbing alcohol on the stained area and then scrub with the sponge. When you’re done, use the brush to make the surface smooth again.
- Get rid of permanent marker on your floors using toothpaste. It’s such a simple solution and it doesn’t damage the floors. A great thing to remember when you have small kids.
- Clean the blinds using white vinegar and a sock. Put the sock on your hand, spray some vinegar on and then wipe the blinds clean, one piece at a time.
- When you’re cleaning the bedroom, always start with the bed. If the bed is nice and tidy, the whole room looks neat. Then you can take off the rest.
- Clean the mattress with baking soda. Sprinkle it all over the mattress and let it absorb the stains and smell. After2 hours, vacuum the mattress.
- Clean your toothbrush with white vinegar. Pour some vinegar in a glass, put the toothbrushes in and let them soak for 15-30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
- Simplify the way you clean the kitchen by letting the cleaning products work for you. To clean the burners, put ¼ cup of ammonia in a ziplock bag together with 1 burner and let it sit there for several hours. When you take it out, the fumes already got rid of all the grease and dirt.
Post Originally appears on Homedit